Luke Combs is paying the funeral costs for three fans who saw him perform at a music festival.
The 31-year-old country singer has reached out to the family members of three fans who sadly died from carbon monoxide at a campground after a Michigan musical festival, per ET.
Click inside to read more…
Kole Sova, 19, William “Richie” Mays Jr., 20, and Dawson Brown, 20 were discovered by police in a travel trailer on Saturday (July 17).
The police said the friends were exposed to emissions from a nearby portable generator.
Kole‘s mother Meeka Sova told WILX 10 that a representative for Luke Combs reached out to cover the expenses for the family’s memorials on Thursday (July 22).
“We all got the news at the same time,” she said, adding that they were all at Dawson‘s funeral at the time. “We were all there and everybody was just shocked. We just can’t believe it. It warmed our hearts. We were having a rough day, and everybody was tense. With that news you just felt warmth in your heart.”
She added, “Him doing that, there’s meaning behind it. That was the last concert we were at with our boys. That is where we were last all together having a fun time. When we left that concert that was the last time we had seen them. They went one way home and we went the other way.”
Our thoughts are with Kole Sova, William “Richie” Mays Jr. and Dawson Brown‘s families during this time.
Luke Combs recently issued an apology for something he did earlier in his career.