The New York Knicks (40-31) are favored (by 8.5 points) to build on a three-game home win streak when they host the Boston Celtics (36-35) on Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 215.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 16, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Knicks vs Celtics Betting Odds
Knicks vs Celtics Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 16
Mitchell Robinson: Out (Ankle),
Luca Vildoza: Day To Day (Not With Team)
Kemba Walker: Out (Neck),
Jaylen Brown: Out For Season (Wrist),
Tristan Thompson: Out (Pectoral),
Marcus Smart: Out (Calf),
Robert Williams III: Out (Foot)
Knicks and Celtics Records ATS
- New York has a 46-25 record ATS this year.
- When favored by at least 8.5 points, the Knicks are 1-0 against the spread this season.
- Only 31 of 71 New York games this season (43.7%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- Boston has a 33-38 record against the spread this season.
- For the 10th time this season, the Celtics are at least an 8.5-point underdog, where they have a record of 6-3 against the spread.
- 47.9% of Boston’s 71 games this season have missed the over/under.
Head to Head
Jaylen Brown (32 points) led the Celtics past RJ Barrett (29 points) and the Knicks 101-99 in their most recent matchup on April 7, 2021. The Celtics were favored by 3.5 points in the game, but the Knicks covered the spread. The 200 total points in the matchup fell short of the 209-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|4/7/2021||Celtics||Celtics||-3.5||209||-156||130||Regular Season||101-99 BOS*|
|1/17/2021||Celtics||Celtics||-7||210||-284||227||Regular Season||105-75 NY*|
Celtics: Kemba Walker, Evan Fournier
Celtics: Jayson Tatum
- In New York’s matchups this season, the Knicks and their opponents have gone over Sunday’s total of 215.5 points 29 times (40.8% of opportunities).
- In Boston’s games this season, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Sunday’s matchup point total in 51 out of 71 matchups (71.8%).
- This season the average total for Knicks games is 212.1 points, 3.4 fewer than the over/under of 215.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 8.8 points fewer than the average over/under in Celtics’ games this season (224.3 points).
- The Knicks’ average implied point total this season is 2.5 fewer points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (109.5 implied points on average compared to 112 implied points in this game).
- So far this season, New York has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (112) 25 times.
- The Celtics’ average implied point total on the season (113.4 points) is 9.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (104 points).
- This season, Boston has scored more than this game’s implied total of 104 points 57 times.
- The Knicks are the league’s 26th-highest scoring team (107.2 PPG), while the Celtics allow the 12th-fewest points per game (111.4) in NBA play.
- The Knicks have totaled 162 more points than their opponents this season (2.3 per game on average), and the Celtics have scored 109 more points than their opponents (1.5 per game).
- Julius Randle leads the Knicks in scoring (24.2 points per game), rebounding (10.2 per game) and assisting (6.0 per game).
- Randle’s points prop total for the game is set at 27.5, 3.3 points greater than his season average of 24.2.
- Reggie Bullock is the top three-point shooter for the Knicks, connecting on 2.5 per game.
- Bullock’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 1.0 shot higher than his season average of 2.5.
- Nerlens Noel racks up 1.1 steals and 2.2 blocks per game, both team-high averages.
- Noel’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 blocks higher than his season average of 2.2.
- Jayson Tatum owns the Celtics top spot in scoring with 26.4 points per game and also tacks on 7.4 rebounds and 4.3 assists per contest.
- Tatum’s points prop total for the game is set at 29.5, 3.1 points higher than his season average of 26.4.
- The Boston leaders in rebounds and assists are Tristan Thompson (8.1 rebounds per game) and Marcus Smart (5.7 assists per game).
- Smart’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 23.5, 1.3 greater than his season average of 22.2.
- Kemba Walker leads the Celtics in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.0 made threes per game.
- Walker’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 4.5, 1.5 shots higher than his season average of 3.0.
- Nobody on Boston grabs more steals than Smart (1.5 per game) or blocks more shots than Robert Williams III (1.8 per game).
- Williams’ blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from